Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyssis

OpenGL in Win2k

Basically my question is "Is it possible?" I''m working through the NeHe tutorials, and have downloaded the .pdf versions so that I can take them to work w/ me, but the computer @ work is using Win2k. Is it possible to execute OpenGL programs in Win2k? Thanks

Great! That''s good news, considering I have massive amounts of time just burning away doing nothing @ my job. (I figure that out of 7 hours a day I probably only work 30 min.) BTW: I''ve also heard of some problems w/ 3d FPM in Win2k, do you have any trouble w/ frame rates or is it something else?

I don't play games, I work with OpenGL
Some (mostly 'older') games do have issues with W2k
and the NT kernel in general.

edit: typo

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

[edited by - Fruny on June 7, 2002 3:39:24 AM]

Just make sure your drivers are updated.

EDIT: This was just a general note to someone, who wishes to use his graphics card

[edited by - Pegu on June 7, 2002 3:40:37 AM]

>>I don''t play games, I work OpenGL
That''s what I''m planning on doing, but since I''m VERY new at this, I''d like to be able to experiment w/ OpenGL and see the results rather than waiting 6 hours to get home. But it doesn''t seem to be too much of a problem... I have all the service packs, and I should have the drivers (if not I''ll just download ''em). Thanks a bunch.