Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenchen2000

generate rotated circle

Greeting, I have a circle generated using formula: x = radius * cos (Angle), y = radius * sin (Angle) z = 0.0 Angle ++; /* starts from 0 to 360 degree */ This is a 2D circle. I have another line starts from A(0,0,0), B(20,10,0), C(30,100,-20)......N(Xn, Yn, Zn). I want to generate a buffering zone from this line (buffer = 30 meter) so that it looks like a cylinder covers the line in the center of the cylinder. Before it become a cylinder, each point should generate a circle, "ROTATE" them for each point and join all the points from one circle to the next one in order to become a cylinder. Questions: 1. How to rotate the plane 2D circle? "ROTATE" requirement: the angle from circle''s surface to the line before and after it must be the same when we view from the edge of the circle! 1.1 how to define the angle of the rotation (from each XY,YZ,XZ plane??), and how many angle that needs for the rotation? The final result i need is the circle in ASCII text number because i will use other software to visualize it! Thank you, Ken