Choosing OPenGL Implementation in VS.NET ??

Started by
4 comments, last by catss 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi, i started a project under Visual Studio.NET and included all neccessary Headers for OpenGL. All went well, but the Problem is i´ve got a Geforce and VS does not use the NVIDIA OpenGl drivers, Vendor name is just Microsoft instead of NVIDIA Corp.. This results in very slow speed, the card is hardly used. I downloaded a tutoria for display list and here VS uses NVIDIA and the speed is very fast. What can i da about it??
Advertisement
Check your setup. You''re probably requesting features that your card doesn''t support, and GL falls back to software.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Do you mean extension, i don´t use them right now, in fact they are not available because auf the software mode. I try glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS),which gives me just 2, should be something > 20.
no he means you request a pixelformat wich is only supported by the softwarefallback.. for example you''re requesting accumulationbuffers or dunnowhat.. check your setup there..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Ok thanks, i´ll check that. Hope thats the fault.
Ok it was in fact the wrong pixelformat, works fine now. Thanks a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement