• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFUEL

Loading textures problem ...

This topic is 5861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to do lightmapping packing. I have for every room i load a directory for lightmaps. it contains BIG lightmaps that contain smaller textures(lightmaps). also each ''room''(directory) has a BIG vertex buffer file. i load my lightmaps in the engine like this: for i=1 to nrofBIGlightmaps read pVertexbuffer load BIGlightmap.tga into pTexturefile call Create(pVertexbuffer,pTexturefile) end for and in my CLightmap::Create function: -create the texture with D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx(pTexture) create the vertex buffer vbuffer=CreateVertexBuffer(Vertexbuffer) and read the u,v into vbuffer vbuffer has a custom format :LIGHTMAPVERTEX {p,n,u,v} each room has its own lightmap The question is: im trying to load more than 30 BIGlightmaps (tgas) of 256x256x16 but i cant. one tga is 192K size.that means 5Megs. Whats the problem ? is it possible to have a limitation of nr of textures loaded ? Ive tried on both pc with 16M and 32M video board memory. can be a problem the BIG nr of textures coordinates loaded at one time(but this is done sepparetly) I hope that it was not very boring.. Thanks.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!