An simple question from a newbie

Started by
5 comments, last by savagerx 21 years, 10 months ago
As games programmers, do you think .NET platform is suitable for game making? Is so, is any books on DIRECTX or OpenGL for .NET out yet?
The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
Advertisement
quote:Original post by savagerx
As games programmers, do you think .NET platform is suitable for game making? Is so, is any books on DIRECTX or OpenGL for .NET out yet?

Similar question were asked before.. it is suitable but developer won''t change from 6.0 to .net in a blink it will take a little time. I think NOW there are no books oh X or Gl from .net . but what would be the difference ?? the API remains the same tho... only the IDE changed and the compiler is fast , debugger is better "from what i heard so far".
Metal Typhoon
The .NET=>native code C++ compiler should be fine for creating games. The .Net enterprise platform independent (windows/windows/or windows) Web Internet Intranet MSNNet whatever the hell it''s supposed to do for you this week .Net platform solution doesn''t really offer too terribly much for game programming, though this is mostly just me sneering at it, and is really a matter of what you consider acceptable performance and minimal hardware.

As far as I am concerned real games should be coded exclusively in assembly, and feature their own hand crafted boot sector. I don''t expect anyone to actually do this, and certainly don''t do it myself, but I have the decency to feel slightly guilty about it, and so should you.
It''s probably suitable, but I''ve heard of no professional developers that are using it and I doubt any will any time soon. There''s just no reason to move to it.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

quote:Original post by Grib
As far as I am concerned real games should be coded exclusively in assembly, and feature their own hand crafted boot sector. I don''t expect anyone to actually do this, and certainly don''t do it myself, but I have the decency to feel slightly guilty about it, and so should you.

What kind of drugs are you on?!?!? I hope you''re kidding, otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

quote:Original post by Machaira
Original post by Grib

What kind of drugs are you on?!?!? I hope you''re kidding, otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Breakaway Games

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Metal Typhoon
Hmm... it seems like it''s still too early to worry whether the .NET platform is suitable for game development. Maybe later.

The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement