Frustrum?... lol.

Started by
25 comments, last by Cobra 21 years, 10 months ago
lol you guys are killing me =)
Advertisement
quote:Of course, this whole thing is funny, I mean, why argue over something as dumb as who came up with what word?

Of course, the american started it.
And I think this isn''t really a case of evolution, knocking off u''s from certain words, you''re just lazy =P If it was evolution, then I guess "HAY U GEUSS WUT U SCK HAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!111" is our next step...

------------
aud.vze.com - The Audacious Engine <-- It''s not much, yet. But it''s mine... my own... my preciousssss...
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Well, if you research it, you actually find that the latin word is "color", so the English changed it to "colour" and then the americans changed it back to "color".

Of course, being an Australian, I like "colour", just like I like "centre", "analyse" and so on...

codeka.com - Just click it.
>>No no, "loosed" is the good one

I just loosed an arrow yesterday. There''s nothing wrong with the word loosed.
Americans aren''t lazy, they are efficiant. "Colour" is a waste of a perfectly good ''u''.

By the way, "American Version 2.0" would imply that the language is "American" as opposed to "English Version 2.0 American Edition".

You British are just upset we kicked your asses.

-SniperBoB-
lol... my comment was meant as a joke.... not as a start to an english-american flame war on the forum

[imatureteenn00bness]Dont make me kick your a$$e$ [/imatureteenn00bness] hehehe.

(btw.... that point about english not even REALLY being english is kinda true... seeing as it originated from latin, with touches of european... some words which we blatently use without even changing..... but at the same time.... english IS different from french, german, russian, palestinian, e.t.c.... american is pretty much a dead copy of english with an accent thrown in for good measure (as is australian)).

SnprBoB86 said
quote:You British are just upset we kicked your asses.

WHEN?.. lol... you mean the intercontinental war our little country had to fight waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day? lol.. thats like the black people of TODAY complaining about the oppression and slavery blacks faced..... they didnt go through it.. so what are they complaining about it for?... you guys havent actually done ANYTHING to us... so what are you talking about it for?.... I rest my case
(although you DID join at the end of ww2.... I''ll give you credit for that.... of course if you''d have joined a little earlier then MAYBE you''d get as much credit for winning the war as we do).

But I digress... this post was NOT intended to become an american-english flame war... answer the original question hehehe. DOOOOO IT!... dont go off on this long road of digression and flaming, letting this post die... answer the original question... bring up more things that are maybe the same... e.t.c e.t.c..... I''ll cya in a week (gotta crack down and work for a few days)

~Cobra~ (lol. forums are fun)
"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will have warmth for the rest of his life"
If the world only spoke Greek, everything would be ok

[edited by - glDino on June 9, 2002 8:31:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement