HELP

Started by
6 comments, last by x86asm 21 years, 10 months ago
I plan on coding a 3D engine sometime during my summer break in high school in Canada (Gr. 10, 15 yrs old!) Anywho I know x86/x87 FPU/3DNow! assembly (maybe I''ll learn the PIII/P4 SIMD instructions later). I know C/C++ also. I was wondering how do you make cameras? How would I be able to implement a funbction that can set the coordinates of the camera and do the work accrodingly to my vertexes and normals etc. In retrospect...HOW DO YOU IMPLEMENT a CAMERA VIEWING SYSTEM ANY TUTORIALS LYING AROUND?! -Assembly (x86/x87/MMX/3DNow!) -C/C++ -Visual Basic -Turing (And only 15 years old!!)
"I'm a rockstar, baby, baby , baby" -Bizarre
Advertisement
You''ll need to study a graphics API like OpenGL or Direct3D 8. Don''t ask which is better...search the forums, find an answer on your own.

--SuperRoy

[My SourceForge Project, ''Snoballz'']
[Google!][Stick Soldiers][E-Mail Me!]
[End Transmission]
Sup guys?
I''ve took a look through and OpenGL seems to look better to me mainly because I hate screwing around with COM objects because its very confusing :S . Any other suggestions/answers are MORE than welcome!
Come on man, we've been over this a million times, why is your subject "help" instead of "How do you make a camera system?"

Also, you just have to look on google or gamedev/flipcode to find lots of links a tutorials. Just look for tutorials on matrices.

EDIT: It just really pisses me off when people post with subjects that have absolutely no description of the post. ARGHHHHH

[edited by - kill on June 8, 2002 1:35:10 AM]
There are freaking plenty of tutorials of basic directX (and openGL I would assume) implementations (including cameras).. just look through GameDev.net and plenty other sites that you can find through Google. I wouldn''t use this place as the first place to ask a question, do a little research before asking to see if you can solve it. And as kill said.. please do not just say help in your subject! That pisses me off too..
Oh, and also do NOT just not use directx because you are afraid of COM objects! They are your friends!
Wow you sure seem proud of your 1337 asm skrillz. That took some time to learn right? I''ll bet you even had to do some searches and crack open a few books. Why not try that same approach here and STFW. Heres a link www.google.com
You make a camera object that hold the position and direction the camera is facing. Then you use the viewing angle to determine what the camera can and cannot see. If you do it yourself, you will probally have to test every triangle to see if it is the frustrum.
Sorry, just new to this forum

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement