Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maega

Using DirectX in CodeWarrior

Hello, I really like the CodeWarrior IDE and I was wondering if anyone knows how to set it up to use the DirectX SDK or if it''s even possible Thanks, Maega

Its been a long while since I used codewarrior, but when using Open GL I just included the libs in the project, and #include''d as normal. I believe the GL libs were in the c:\window\system directory, I can''t remember if I had to change any paths or not to point to them.

Anyway, it shouldn''t be any different for directx/GL or any other 3rd party libs.

,Jay

CW7 should be set up to compile DirectX 7 and below projects without much extra work. The DX7 headers and libraries are in the "Win32-x86 Support" directory with the rest of the windows SDK files. You just have to add the library files you need to the project and include the headers. The DirectX documentation tells you which headers and libraries you need for particular features. I don''t think it''s included with codewarrior, but you can download it or view it online in the MSDN library.

For DirectX 8 projects you need to make sure that the access paths are set correctly. Put the paths to the DirectX8 SDK header and lib directories at the top of the system path list so that they are searched first.