• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3d game

This topic is 5741 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a 3d game and need some art to incorporate, .x files, .ppm textures and scenario construction with own developing tool. im developing under Vc++, directx 3, if someone is interested email me. thanx

Advertisement
DirectX 3 ? Are your sure? What about getting an upgrade to SOMETHING that is not around - well - 5 years old?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Despite COM exposing past interfaces, I believe that DirectX 3.0 is no longer exposed in the newer DirectX COM module.

I would definately consider upgrading to DirectX7, it shouldn''t be too terribly different.

It IS different :-) DirectX 3 has IMHO no suppot for hardware acceleration at all - that is how old it is :-) GOD - unless we have the last programmer here that is using Windows NT to make a game (which was the last OS not supporting later DirectX version - as no hardware acceleration was in it''s driver model etc.) he should definitly make it a habit to get better developer documentation at least once every two or three years.

• Advertisement