• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mickey

there's something wrong with my D3DGAMMARAMP..., :(

This topic is 5849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''ve tried lots of stuffs with it already, and this one here is the last code i tried, for(DWORD i = 0; i < 255; i++) { d3dRamp.red = gamma*256; d3dRamp.green[i] = gamma*256; d3dRamp.blue[i] = gamma*256; } where gamma is from 1 to 256, this thing achieve the fadein/out i want, but first, it changes the color of my screen to say, for example, pink, before it applies the fade.., also one more thing, i thought these ramps contains WORD? i do not understand, when i output say, d3dRamp.red[150], i also get the value 150?? thanks!

Advertisement
Hi, I had to deal with gamma ramps few weeks ago, and I would like to help you:

to understand you have first to build a default gammaramp that will not modify
the colors of your scene at all!
->that''s the code

D3DGAMMARAMP *pGammaRamp;
for(int i=0; i<256; i++) { pGammaRamp->red=257*i; pGammaRamp->green[i]=257*i; pGammaRamp->blue[i]=257*i; }
d3ddevice->SetGammaRamp(D3DSGR_NO_CALIBRATION, pGammaRamp);

after doing that you will not notice any color change.
you should notice that the values in pGammaRamp->red[i] are not equal to i! ie pGammaRamp->red[255]=65535

Ok, now you have to play with the r/g/b channels, assigning them values from 0 to 65535 (not 65536 !)

this is an example of how to fade your scene from normal colors to red shaded color:

// set the default ramp at the beginning
D3DGAMMARAMP *pGammaRamp;
for(int i=0; i<256; i++) { pGammaRamp->red[i]=257*i; pGammaRamp->green[i]=257*i; pGammaRamp->blue[i]=257*i; }

while(fade effect is not finished)
{
for(int i=0; i<256; i++) { if(pGammaRamp->red[i]+1000<65535) { pGammaRamp->red[i]+=1000; } }
cdx8->d3ddevice->SetGammaRamp(D3DSGR_NO_CALIBRATION, pGammaRamp);
}

// restore the gamma ramp
for(int i=0; i<256; i++) { pGammaRamp->red[i]=257*i; pGammaRamp->green[i]=257*i; pGammaRamp->blue[i]=257*i; }
cdx8->d3ddevice->SetGammaRamp(D3DSGR_NO_CALIBRATION, pGammaRamp);

hi, thanks pal, it's been quite a well this post was, and thanks a lot and i've finally got an answer,

but plz, before you go, i got a few more questions,

what does this D3DSGR_NO_CALIBRATION and this D3DSGR_CALIBRATION really do? or mean(i didn't really quite understand the MSDN)?

if(pGammaRamp->red+1000<65535)
what does that line really mean? i get strange result if i commented out that statement, same results i get before,

also i can't perform the fade to black? this is what i did,

for(int i = 0; i < 256; i++)
{
if(m_d3dRamp.red[i]+1000<65535)
{
m_d3dRamp.red[i]-=1000;
}
if(m_d3dRamp.blue[i]+1000<65535)
{
m_d3dRamp.blue[i]-=1000;
}
if(m_d3dRamp.green[i]+1000<65535)
{
m_d3dRamp.green[i]-=1000;
}
}

again, thanks!!

[edited by - mickey on June 18, 2002 12:48:57 PM]

[edited by - mickey on June 18, 2002 12:50:32 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!