Time...

Started by
16 comments, last by elis-cool 21 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by Jester101
What company do you work for Cliffski? (* just curious *)

Is it against most company policies to say this? Most people say "at my company..." or "I''m an industry worker...". Or is it just trying not to be bigheaded and cocky?
Advertisement
Most people dont like to say which company they are working for because then it can potentially cause them problems. If the person later on slips and says something wrong such as innocently mentioning that they are working long hours because they missed a milestone, that might not be something someone else in the company wants public. Even worse would be if they mentioned anything bad about the company (my job is great but sometimes I think my manager doesnt know how to budget resources).

This is especially true for a small company. If Im a manager at GameStudioX, and cliffski says he works for GameStudioX, Im gonna keep my eye on his posts. A few weeks later, when he happens to mentions "I was working past midnight last night" and there was only one guy in that late the night before, its not to hard to figure out who he really is.

[edited by - LordKronos on June 12, 2002 7:43:26 PM]
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
lol, sorry, it probably sounded too harsh, that was an exellent post, I knew it would involve hours, but it was more about what you get to do, eat, who pays for it etc, not just like tons of other posts that are soley about that crunch time is bad, I can accept it, I like to program, and see my game progress, im a team player, id spent lots of my time to make sure my product shiped before a compeditors, trade show, holiday times etc... it just means more money for me and my company in the long run...

CEO Plunder Studios
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
quote:
lol, sorry, it probably sounded too harsh, that was an exellent post

No problem mate, cheers, my reaction wasn''t as friendly as it couldve been. Probably because ironically I was more than a tad stressed (& in mini crunch) with getting a PS2 milestone build done...

...and I had pizza, which the company paid for

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

@LordKronos: Yes sure. But just in case he anyway wants to say, I wanted to ask.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

quote:Original post by Jester101
@LordKronos: Yes sure. But just in case he anyway wants to say, I wanted to ask.

Oh, no. I wasnt responding to you. Theres nothing wrong with asking. I was responding to this:

quote:Original post by garconbifteck
Is it against most company policies to say this? Most people say "at my company..." or "I''m an industry worker...". Or is it just trying not to be bigheaded and cocky?

Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
S1CA, That was a great post filled with useful infos I''ve always wanted to know. For one, I''m happy you went "offtopic"
quote:Original post by hpox
S1CA, That was a great post filled with useful infos I''ve always wanted to know. For one, I''m happy you went "offtopic"

Yes, I am too, it was lots of good info.

CEO Plunder Studios
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement