• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

myme15

d3dxsprite

This topic is 5855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using D3DXSprite to draw a little spaceship on the screen. Whenever the image moves, I see a very obvious motion-blur sort of effect where a quickly fading semi-transparent image of my spaceship appears for a short while where the spaceship was a frame or two ago. Is this something D3DXSprite does, or is it my video card, or what? I want to know if it is possible to get rid of this because it makes the picture look a little strange when you move it at certain speeds. Things are not what they are.

Advertisement
I''m not sure. I never noticed excessive motion blur in any other game I''ve made/played. My original image size was 32x32 pixels, and the motion blur made the spaceship look like its colors were pulsing strangely. When I resized it to 64x64, it looked fine so I guess I don''t have to worry about it.

Things are not what they are.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!