Order of appearance

Started by
3 comments, last by PaulSchwarz 21 years, 10 months ago
Hello!!! I have a small problem with C++ DirectX 8. In program, which I am creating, I am using two objects from .3DS files. First I loaded the object which was nearer me, later the farther object. I ran my program and... I saw the farther object through the nearer object. How can I avoid this problem? Please, answer quickly.
Advertisement
Are you sure you''re not thinking "right hand" and using "left hand" coordinates?

"No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality"

}+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Are you sure you''re not thinking "right hand" and using "left hand" coordinates?

or are you using alpha values for transparency?..

"No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality"

}+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
It seems like a zbuffer problem, are you sure you setup it?
When I am using Z-buffer I have the same problem - I see the farther object through the nearer one. I am not using transparency at all.

I don''t know anything about "right hand" and "left hand" coordinates. Please, tell me more about them. Maybe, there is really something wrong with coordinates that I am using.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement