please read

Started by
6 comments, last by dssephiroth 21 years, 10 months ago
Ok it''s me again I need help on making a login screen for my online game I already have a background and I need to learn how to make a login with username and password do I need c++ if so what do i need to put in? and also what do i needd for 3d cell shading?
Advertisement
Ehrm ....

-Use a more descriptive topic name when you start a new thread

-Learn to program FIRST. I have seen guys who are trying to make online games when they are just starting with OGL, and even then they are doing the wrong thing. So learn C first, then a API (OpenGL is the best IMHO)

-=Moogle=-
Dude, did you not read the replies to your other thread?

Fucking kids
I really hope both of these threads are a joke, cause otherwise someone is soon going to be harshly disillusioned.

EDIT: Sorry if I was unconstructive, but I am seriously getting the impression that this is a joke. If it's not, sorry about that, but you really need to read people's replies to your posts.

Things are not what they are.

[edited by - myme15 on June 10, 2002 1:40:28 PM]
Its gotta be a joke. He is STILL asking about Cell Shading when I told him it was hard and he needs to learn to program first. I''m not helping any more.

- Weasalmongler
quote:Original post by deowal
Dude, did you not read the replies to your other thread?

Fucking kids

quote:Original post by myme15
I really hope both of these threads are a joke, cause otherwise someone is soon going to be harshly disillusioned.

Things are not what they are.

quote:Original post by Weasalmongler
Its gotta be a joke. He is STILL asking about Cell Shading when I told him it was hard and he needs to learn to program first. I''m not helping any more.

- Weasalmongler

I see a valid point in all these responses (except for you deowal, that last part was out of line for this forum), however this is the beginners forum. A lot of people who have just started come here with no idea about what programming entails (they come with the assumption that its just like using Word or Paint). When you post in this forum you are silently agreeing to help the person posting. That does not mean you have to agree with what they think, but that you politely give them a push in the right direction. I understand that dssephiroth has made several post like this and that he has been told several times where he should start. If you find it frustrating that he has not understood that yet then either keeping politing nudging him or don''t post at all (ignore him).

dssephiroth, understand, you are in over your head, take a step back. In order to do things like cell shading or online games you need to learn how to program, that means you need to learn a language like C++, Delphi, Java or Visual Basic. Programming is not simple and you cannot get to the point where you can write a cell shading 3d engine or online games in a short period of time. First, Start Here. When you feel that you have learned the basics of programming try writing a simple game, like Pong or Snakes. Trust me, it will be a lot harder than you think, but you will learn. If you try programming the games you see in stores right away you will get nowhere. As has been said many times in response to your posts "Learn to walk before you learn to run".
step one: C++
step two: C++
step three: Graphics API -> DirectX or OpenGL
step four: Graphics API -> î___same_here___î
I''ll be nice and point Stylised Rendering Techniques For Scalable Real-Time 3D Animation.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement