Error spawning cl.exe

Started by
2 comments, last by Sarlok 21 years, 10 months ago
Most interesting. My compiler''s (Visual C++ 6.0) just started doing thins all of a sudden, and refuses to compile anything. " -------------------Configuration: integers - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... Error spawning cl.exe integers.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) " Even the almight Hello World! Doesn''t work. Any thoughts?
Four-thousand, six-hundred, and ninety-one irradiated haggis.
Advertisement
Can you run cl.exe from the command-line?

Have a look in the .plg file in your project directory, it should give you the exact command-line it was trying to use, try running that and looking for error messages.

codeka.com - Just click it.
I got this too recently. I thought my installation was messed so I unistalled and reinstalled, but the error persisted. After a little registry hacking and rebooting, I fixed it. Immediately after I found an easier solution:

Go to your Tools->Options->Directories and changes the executables directories to include where cl.exe is.

University is a fountain of knowledge, and students go there to drink.
Ah. That would explain it. Seems cl.exe was "magically" deleted at some point and time. ... along with the rest of the VC98 folder. :|

Ta very much.

"When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."
- Sarlok
Four-thousand, six-hundred, and ninety-one irradiated haggis.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement