Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assembler015

It's a Scavenger Hunt!

Assembler015    122
Hello- I am about to start building a project I have been designing for about a month now so it's time to hunt down the materials. So far I have been able to find just about everything I need at radioshack but 2 of the remaining things on the list have yet to be found (This reminds me of a scavanger hunt ;-) ). What I need is a worm gear and a spur gear. Does anybody out there know any good websites (or stores... I have checked home depot, etc.) where I can pick these things up? The spur gear needs to be about 8 cm in diameter with a fine spacing of the teeth... maybe 200-500 teeth around the gear (big differance I know but I have done calculations for both extremes... I would prefer 500 teeth total). The worm gear need a pitch diameter of about 1 cm and each revolution of the worm should rotate the spur gear ~0.5 cm. If anyone has the time to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to order custom gears if possible but I am open to any suggestions. I live in the Chicago area if that helps at all... and I don't mind ordering online. Thanks for your time & input --Andrew [edited by - Assembler015 on June 9, 2002 9:19:01 PM]

Timkin    864
What does this have to do with Maths & Physics and how they relate to game development? Unless you can provide a justification this thread will be closed.

Timkin

Michalson    1657
quote:
Original post by Timkin
What does this have to do with Maths & Physics and how they relate to game development? Unless you can provide a justification this thread will be closed.

Timkin

Assembler015 already knows this stuff is totally off topic.

Be prepared for another one of his "gamedev sucks" rants.