overloaded functions, screen coordinates, and x-files

Started by
1 comment, last by ManaStone 21 years, 10 months ago
I have a few questions that I''d appreciate some help on. 1) In some of my sample code I have, it says stuff like "this function doesn''t take 6 parameter" or something similar. I''m thinking it is an overloaded function that is not in any of the libraries I’ve included. This was from ConvertToBlendedMesh from the Skinnedmesh sample tutorial. I have this problem with some other functions in other examples too. Is there another library I should link it to? 2) In a book I have, it says for making a texture take up the whole surface with out it looking fuzzy in D3D, I have to subtract 0.5 from the screen space coordinates (this is the fire example in the Special effects with directX 8.0 book). This still doesn''t fix the fuzziness; it just moves the screen coordinates so it doesn’t fit the entire screen. I’m using this code: D3DXMATRIX world,proj,view,trans,scale; D3DXMatrixOrthoLH(&proj, (float)TEXTURESIZE,(float)TEXTURESIZE, 0.0, 100.0); dx_device->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION,&proj); D3DXMatrixScaling(&world,(float)TEXTURESIZE/2,(float)TEXTURESIZE/2,1.0f); D3DXMatrixTranslation(&trans,-0.5f,-0.5f,0.0f); D3DXMatrixMultiply(&world,&world,&trans); dx_device->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD,&world); how do I make it look right. 3) Is there any tutorial anywhere that shows how to create x files? I want to try to program a modeler that can make skinned meshes. I don’t have $2000 to spend on 3D studio max, and turespace 4..3 doesn’t seem to save the bones to an x file.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
don''t know about your other questions but usually when i get the "this function doesn''t take X parameters" it''s because the DX8 includes aren''t at the top of my library list.

in Tools -> Options -> directories. move the location of your DX8 include and libary paths to the top of this list. that should solve that problem.
quote:Original post by ManaStone

2) In a book I have, it says for making a texture take up the whole surface with out it looking fuzzy in D3D, I have to subtract 0.5 from the screen space coordinates (this is the fire example in the Special effects with directX 8.0 book). This still doesn''t fix the fuzziness; it just moves the screen coordinates so it doesn’t fit the entire screen. I’m using this code:

D3DXMATRIX world,proj,view,trans,scale;
D3DXMatrixOrthoLH(&proj, (float)TEXTURESIZE,(float)TEXTURESIZE,
0.0, 100.0);
dx_device->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION,&proj);

D3DXMatrixScaling(&world,(float)TEXTURESIZE/2,(float)TEXTURESIZE/2,1.0f);
D3DXMatrixTranslation(&trans,-0.5f,-0.5f,0.0f);
D3DXMatrixMultiply(&world,&world,&trans);
dx_device->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD,&world);

how do I make it look right.

The idea is to take 0.5 from the screen coordinates of the vertices... you are simply altering the position of the primitive you are rendering instead. That should fix things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement