3D Studio MAX Bundle

Started by
2 comments, last by Deluxe 24 years, 1 month ago
I was looking through a JournyED catalog (www.journeyed.com simple mistake) and I found a interesting product bundle. It is called the 3D Studio MAX 3.1 Game Developer Bundle "B" and has 3D Studio MAX 3.1, Nemo Creation, MS VC++, 3D Game programming w/ C++ book, and Character Studio 2.2. There is also a special effects bundle you can get with it. I choose The Environment Effects bundle which has Lighting, Tree Factory, and Fractal Flow. There are also some other bundles which are not game development. These are 3D Studio MAX 3.1 Bundle #s 1, 2, and 3. #1 has 3D Studio MAX 3.1, Surface Studio PRO, and Character Stupid 2.2. #2 has all of #1 + Digimation Bones Pro 2. #3 has all of #1/2 + Discreet Logic Paint 2.11. The last one 3D Studio MAX 3.1 Visualization Power Pak has all of #s 1, 2, and 3 + Discreet Logic Effect 2.11 and Lightscape Visualization System 3.2. *THESE PRODUCTS ARE VERY PRICY* I posted these to tell people who don't have graphic design software but anyone can buy them. As I said before the Game Developer "B" looks the most interesting to me. Edited by - Deluxe on 3/15/00 5:46:13 PM
Does anyone listen to Destiny''s Child, TLC, or Sammie?
Advertisement
First: The url is www.journeyed.com

Second: You''re right, $1,489.98 is very pricey. Unfortunately not very many have that kind of money.
Why do they call it developer bundles when it´s really a student license? Maybe it doesnt really say so, but just MAX itself costs over $3000, so this has to be a student license, thus no legal to use in commercial work.
3d modelers are expensive. There aren''t many low cost ones available, and if they are low cost they often aren''t very good. In this case you get what you pay for. For $1490 you get 3d studio max and character studio (worth $3000), Nemo ($4000 or so), Visual C++ Pro 6.0 (about $300) and a book ($60). So lets do the math, $3000+$4000+$300+$60=$7360. And you get it for $1490!!!! Seems like a hell of a deal to me. Yea it''s student pricing and the licence agreement requires you not to use it for pro work. But you could always purchase a licence to all the products after you create your work and get a publisher (before it gets published) to front you some cash.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement