meta-template [x]BNF compiler

Started by
5 comments, last by Shannon Barber 21 years, 10 months ago
I just stubled upon this, and though it was interesting. It could be quite useful in creating a scripting package. "The Spirit framework enables a target grammar to be written exclusively in C++. Inline EBNF grammar specifications can mix freely with other C++ code..." Spirit Parser Framework
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Advertisement
/me drools.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
neato.

Any idea of how fast it is?

University is a fountain of knowledge, and students go there to drink.
Speaking of meta-programming, can any of you recommend a good book that introduces C++ meta-programming? I would really like to learn about this.
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
quote:Original post by felonius
Speaking of meta-programming, can any of you recommend a good book that introduces C++ meta-programming? I would really like to learn about this.

That ''introduces'', not really, but Modern C++ Design by A. Alexandrescu is pretty much ''it'' when it comes down to template metaprogramming.

For ''introduction'', you''ll have to scour books like The C++ Standard Library by Josuttis and extract the underlying concepts from his coverage of the STL.

Alternatively, SGI''s STL website (see .sig) can give you hints too.
Same deal with the Boost website (see .sig too).

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
thanks. I already use STL in my daily work. I just wondered about this meta-programming thing.
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
google it, there ought to be some hits

The definition of template meta-programming is a little ambiguous; orginally it was used to refer to recursive templates - for example you could implement a template that calculates a given Fibonacci number at compile time. Now anything that uses contemporary template designs is described as meta-template programming (for example using policy & trait templates).

quote:Big B neato.
Any idea of how fast it is?

I haven't had time to look over the library in detail yet, I just thought it was interesting enough to share

Apparently they've sumbitted a revision to Boost.

I found another interesting library: this is from a post to C++.mod. It's a database template library, that provides STL compatible containers and iterators for ODBC; compiles with MSVC6/7, BCB5/6 for Windows, & gcc 3.1 for linux.

DTL

[edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on June 10, 2002 6:47:54 PM]
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement