QUAKE2 source code commented

Started by
10 comments, last by q2guy 21 years, 10 months ago
I would like to know where i can find an explanation of quake 2 source code,what function have every project,what is the engine and what is the game... thank you
Advertisement
dream on
Get a notebook, a pencil, a couple cases of coke, and have at it.

I believe the game files are all in q2game or game or quake2 or something like that.

You know you''re a programmer when your computer is like family. When it''s more like a lover, you need help.
start with main() and trace it from there

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
lol i couldnt find the main )
Me neither
What about WinMain() ?
Geez, figuring out how q2 works, eh?
That''s really hard work, and I don''t really recommend it. Sure, there might be a few things to look into, but all those dll''s and stuff really makes it complex. Instead, try to learn 3D the best way, by reading docs and SIMPLER sourcecodes, and only use the q2 sourcecode to find out how id made a few special things.

http://www.quakesrc.org/ has links to tutorials, and a forum.
---------"It''s always useful when you face an enemy prepared to die for his country. That means both of you have exactly the same aim in mind." -Terry Pratchett
main is in system/sys_win.c iirc. Look at the client and commn sub-directories though, thats where most of the fun is at

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement