• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeanDog

DirectSound problems.....

This topic is 6727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to add DirectSound to my game, but it is about 1000000x as hard as DirectDraw or DirectInput. I did a lot of cut and paste from their dsutil.h and .cc and put in some of my own and other MS code. Here''s one of my problems... IDirectSoundBuffer_SetPan(pDSB, (LONG)((20000.0 * ((x) / 320.0) - 10000.0)); This line of code gives me an unexpected EOF while doing a macro... Any clues? Another one: f:\bensc++\dxgamev1.0\winmain.cpp(807) : error C2039: ''lpVtbl'' : is not a member of ''IDirectSound'' This is a compile error. This never seems to give ''donuts'' a problem, because this is a DIRECT cut and paste from it. Any help here? More questions later... -Ben Dilts

Advertisement
are you sure youve set the capability of the DSound buffer to change its pan setting?

you dont need to use the vtbl''s for cpp dx progs - take out anything that might look like that
eg. pDDSurface->lpVtbl->Blt should be pDDSurface->Blt in cpp.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!