Advanced particle effects...where?

Started by
1 comment, last by kalldrex 21 years, 10 months ago
I can''t seem to find any resources containing theory and/or code to show how really awsome special effects are done, like shockwaves, beams, lightning, sparks, lens flare, and other cool effects. I found a very vague theory on sparks and lightning, but it''s too vauge for me to really implement. I''m currently designing a particle system for my 3d engine and It would really help to know how these effects work. I saw that gamustra article but It doens''st really explain much to me (about HOW those effects are produced, but did help in designing a particle system). If anyone could point me to some good resources for these I''d be very appreciative. --KallDrexx
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!
Advertisement
The best resource I have seen is Special Effects Game Programming Using DirectX. It is part of the Prima Press Game Development Series.

I am actually an OpenGL programmer, but the book is pretty readable either way, so don''t worry if DX doesn''t float your boat.
hmm unfortunatly books are out of the question as I have a little debt to get rid of then have a ton of books I want to buy first (code complete, programming gem series, etc..). I''m also using OpenGL (don''t like DX, especially since i do all my work on linux). thanks though

--KallDrexx
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement