Where to get freely distributable music?

Started by
6 comments, last by elis-cool 21 years, 10 months ago
I am thinking maybe mp3.com, but im not sure, like maybe classic(as in old school retro games) styles, maybe techno etc, like some of Moby''s stuff, some is quite good, and would work awesome in my game, but I doubt I would get Moby''s permission to use it CEO Plunder Studios
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Advertisement
Grrrr...youre looking for free music huh?

So does this network support pirating? Its the same deal - free games versus free music, someone has to do the work to make it!
Shouldnt you just TRY looking for a composer to do exactly what you want - a young composer might even do it for free for the experience! Or take a cut of profits long term if any. At least then the work benefits both you and this young composer, rather than just ripping some crap freebie music and putting up with something half done, half matched, and thousands of composers looking for work and not getting even the smallest gig - like what you are describing...

Down with freeware,
Down with "copyright free" music,
Down with free SFX,

Help the industry help you!

Pay people in experience, money or barter - do things the right way and youll reap the rewards people. Its called doing a professional job rather than cutting corners.

Kind Regards,
Brent
Sound Designer/Engineer
www.mountainsound.com.au
Kind Regards,BrentSound Designer/Engineerwww.mountainsound.com.au
Its only sound! calm down!
I am the one spending all my time doing the programming for it, 70+ hours of my time easily, I dont get payed a dime, and it is not commercial, the artist is dedicating his time as well, why should the composer get payed? on a comercial project yes, but not for this.
And a learning composer wont be as good as someone who has done alot before, also I like to browse through and listen, and pick out exactly what works and what doesnt, its very, very hard to describe exactly what you want. I think they would get very pissed at me if I send the music back a several dozen times...
Obviously, anyone who had music in my game (whether they made it just for me, or I downloaded what I like from a website) they would get credits in my game...

CEO Plunder Studios
Why do you think his company is called "plunder" studios...
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Why do you think his company is called "plunder" studios...

LOL!!

CEO Plunder Studios
>Down with freeware,
>Down with "copyright free" music,
>Down with free SFX,
>Help the industry help you!
If you are not good enough to get a paid job then that´s your very own problem!!! I think free music,SFX and copyright free music is very good and for young upcomig companies who want set up their first non-commercial project very vital!
And for the composer there is an advantage too: he will get more reputation and become better known. So I can´t understand your shitty "argumentation"....

Conner

Using commercial music is obviously a no-no unless you get very lucky and the label lets you use it.

Your best bet is to put a post in Help Wanted to see if there are any musicians out there who are looking for experience or would just like to help.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
little addition:
with free music if mean of course free available music done by a composer who made that one explicit for free-using! Ripping music out of any kind of cd´s is of course illegal and very annoying

Conner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement