Stories and games are my talents; a video game you will like

Started by
38 comments, last by Zido 21 years, 9 months ago
I have been writing and making video games for a long time and now I will share one of them to see if any of you like it, not me. On a high, dangerous mountain during midnight, a mountain climber dashes up the mountain trying to find a safe place to go to get out the furious snow storm. He finally finds a cave and runs in there just before the storm reches its full potential. The climber sits down huffing and puffing glad to be out the storm. Then, he sees a purple glow from deeper into the cave. He rushes over to it and see it`s coming through a little hole. The man touches the wall and opens a hidden room. Sitting on a pedestral is a dark purple sword with the letter "N" on it. The man picks it up but gets shocked by it killing him. The sword starts hovering and releases and a great amount energy destroying the mountain. The next day the town that was at the bottom of the mountain come to see this disaster. One man though seaches through the rubble and finds the sword. Once he touches it the sky turns purple and monsters start coming from the sky. The freedom of the sword had released a sealed power that once try to destroy an ancient kingdom. And the man himself, found out that he is the ancestor of Night Terror, the posseser of the sword he held and the knight of the kingdom After all that, I think I`m going to rest , anyway, tell me if the story is good or just kind of plain with nothing interresting.
If you are reading this, then you are too attached to signatures!!
Advertisement
It''s already been done countless times under various forms..
Play Secret of Mana on the Snes and you''ll see what I mean.
I hate signatures.
*yawn*
Come on it wasn''t that bad. I liked most of it except the part about the ''N'' on the sword, I don''t know it just sounds kinda goofy, like today''s video game is brought to you by the letter N! hehe. Anyway, it sounds pretty cool.
I think that would be a cool game actaully, a RPG (no duh, eh) with fighter classes and shit like that, good idea, you should probably try to make somthing out of it.
Does the N stand for "NOT A NEW IDEA?"
To be constructive, I think it''s poorly written, and completely hollow of depth.
What concept of ''design'' do most guys have?

A real ''design'', for what you would bet, would came in the format of URL (to the document that explains many aspects of the game: story, characters, logic, expected graphics, INTERFACE, system... everything).

A game IS NOT 7 lines of text.

JJpRiVaTe
Web: Private Zone
-=[ J ]=-I always forget to change the tagline.
I''d like to be constructive, but that storyline...trite, overdone, I could go on for hours.

Call it the Birthright Legacy concept. Ancient sword, handed down from father to son, brings with it a great destiny. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, coffee mug and keyring.

I thought at first it would be the Possessed Item concept. Man finds item, item corrupts man, man tries to conquer the world. Hero shows up, fights man, takes item, overcomes item''s evil nature.
[font "arial"] Everything you can imagine...is real.
It''s not the old sword in the stone story, it''s how it''s done.

(I''d tweak it a lil bit)
ummm...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement