newbie maths questions

Started by
10 comments, last by david_crossland 21 years, 10 months ago
hey..sorry i hav''nt got back to you, ive been busy so havnt had much time to formulate a proper reply. I did a quick test of the equations u gave me, i plugged them into some opengl and incremented both angles over time to see how it behaved. There seems to be a problem (bear in mind that i did this a few days ago on a different comp so i havnt got exact results). There seems to be a problem when sangle a=90 and b is incremented, it jumps.....

i know that prob makes little sense, but the equations i found

x=force*sin(azi)*cos(decl);
y=force*sin(azi)*sin(decl);
z=force*cos(azi);

do seem to work for all angles, i really appreciated the help though (though i still wonder how these were derived).

im surprised as to how long i had to search to find these, i knew trig was used to break down 2-d vector problems but there seems to be little on 3-d (when using angles)

ah well thx loads
D
Advertisement
hey..sorry i hav''nt got back to you, ive been busy so havnt had much time to formulate a proper reply. I did a quick test of the equations u gave me, i plugged them into some opengl and incremented both angles over time to see how it behaved. There seems to be a problem (bear in mind that i did this a few days ago on a different comp so i havnt got exact results). There seems to be a problem when sangle a=90 and b is incremented, it jumps.....

i know that prob makes little sense, but the equations i found

x=force*sin(azi)*cos(decl);
y=force*sin(azi)*sin(decl);
z=force*cos(azi);

do seem to work for all angles, i really appreciated the help though (though i still wonder how these were derived).

im surprised as to how long i had to search to find these, i knew trig was used to break down 2-d vector problems but there seems to be little on 3-d (when using angles)

ah well thx loads
D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement