• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

black_eyez

Alphablending library

This topic is 6789 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone! I''m currently working on an alpha blending library in c++ with inline asm, called vbDABL. It''s for use in vb primarily, because it''s pretty much impossible to do alpha blending at an acceptable speed in vb w/ dx7 without using direct3d. I''ve released a public beta at http://www.daedalusd.com/vbgaming/files/vbDABL010.zip . It''s open source as well! But, my problem is that I don''t have a video card that uses 565-mode. On those cards, it seems that the ''colorblend'' functions, whether you use the 565 or 555 mode functions, crash the application HARD. But, it works fine on 555-mode cards, even the 565-mode functions which just create wacky colors but still don''t crash it. Would someone be willing to take a look for me and see what''s wrong, even if you don''t solve it, I''d appreciate any help/suggestions Thanks! David

Advertisement
Sorry, I forgot to mention in that last post that this is for 16-bit mode only right now, 24 and 32-bit stuff is coming!

David

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!