• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xeos

Blank Textures

This topic is 6810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to display a basic texture into my OpenGL program, and it comes blank, coloured with the last colour. I''m working on a classed version of NeHe''s framework, and it has happened before, only I can''t remember what I did to fix it :-) Any assistance will be grateful!

Advertisement
Also, you might want to check what states you have enabled/disabled. Make sure that you have called glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D) and you have called glBindTexture() with the proper texture information.

PreManDrake

I don''t use OpenGL. I use big bad DirectX, but when I set textures I have to specify texture coords. Try it if it has not been done.

I think this will be the cause of incorrect texture sizes, i.e. not a power of two. Also some (most??) cards have problems with textures larger than 256x256.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Somehow I don''t think texture size is a problem... I''ve got a G400 W/- 32M ram, and I''ve seen some big textures before.

Could the problem simply be that I have bunged NeHe''s framework into classes... I know the create( ... ); function won''t work in it''s own file, but I have it all sorted out now.

I can draw prims, but I just can''t do textures!!!

HELP!!!

Thanks for all you help, but I got it out!

Turns out that I was trying to initialize my OpenGL stuff before I created my window [:-)]

Thanks for your help - it''s guys like you who make this message board work!

(Mental Note: Don''t put OpenGL init stuff in render::render() function when using render *r = new render();!!!)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!