• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New job for Chris

This topic is 6542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I mentioned earlier that I wouldn''t be working on PR full time in the future. I''ve taken a job at Digital Extremes (www.digitalextremes.com) working with the Unreal engine and will probably doing ports of their next game for PSX2 and X-Box. So what does this mean for the future of PR? Obviously I''ll have less time to develop new things, but there really isn''t too much I want to add anyways. I will still be selling and supporting PR so don''t worry about it disappearing.

Advertisement
Yeah Chris, don''t forget me or us :D. Congrats and goodluck man!

yeehaa - mov

so when are you starting work ?

will you be free to answer questions ?

I started on Wednesday. I will still be answering all the email, but I may be a few days behind sometimes.

Chris

Congratulations Chris! you deserve it!

p.s. Im buying a PS2 so please make Unreal Tourney look cool in it!

Congratulations! Well, that kind of figures. I was wondering when one of the production house was going to take notice and grab you. It certainly is about time. Best of luck!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey Chris, now that your makin the big bux, how about tossin a 3.0 non crippled demo(splash screen) and lettin us small timers play with 3.0?

Hi

How many guys work on PR? Who will develope it? I hope that PR becomes better, but now there one less who works on it. What are your plans?

mfg
Astan

ps
We have not already bought PR, but would buy it in the weeks. But If PR''s development becomes too slow, we would use another engine. We won''t buy something without a future.

I answered this before, but I''m the only guy that has worked on PR. I never said that I''m stopping work on it, just slowing down. It wil be kept up to date with all DirectX releases and any new hardware technology.

Releasing a non crippled demo version is a good idea and would attract more people to develop third party add ons. Since some parts of the source code are included (PRO Edit, Character System, Landscape Studio) they could be worked on by others.

Chris

Im really curious, why no one has said anything about this...

I think thats a very good idea, now that you will be working full time in another project, the best thing you can do is to let us have more of the code so we can help you make it grow. Now making PR open source, is not such a good idea, for manny reasons. But granting a PR 3.0 non crippled version, could really help. Also you should release all code of the examples that comes with it, in your webpage, the char system, the new terrain system, the portal demo.
If you think is convenient, you may consider releasing the code for PR on purchase so is no longer a "black box" to most users (although is has never been), but that is really up to you.

P.s. since you wont be having time to update your homepage so often, we could create a community page with mirrors to this code and links to your page, but most importantly, coder donations, tricks, codes, examples, PR add-on libraries, etc. etc.

What do you think? about this chris?

• Advertisement