i have a few q's before i get my computer

Started by
7 comments, last by webtv sucks 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi,''m about to get a tiger direct 850 mhz computer and my cousin is get a tiger diret 650 mhz computer and i want to program and he wants to do graphics but first we have a few questions about who does what. 1.who does the movments of the people graphics or programming? 2.when you want something interactive who makes it interactive(i think this is programming but want to make sure) 3.when we make a fighting or rpg type game who makes the movments(i.e a guy slashing another guy with a sword,does the programmer just put when you can do the movment? thats about all we need to know
Advertisement
Very generaly, the person creating the graphics will make a group of pictures which, when displayed one after the other fast, they will appear to be moving... kida like a flip book (did I just date myself?).

All the graphics person will do is make pictures.... you, as the programmer have to put them together and make them move.

Have a problem with my post? Please direct it to /dev/null
Everything that appears on screen is made my the graphic artist. Everything that MAKES everything do everything (such as someone slashing another person) is a combination between both the programmer and artist. The artist saves each frame of the animation, and the programmer ''puts'' in each frame using their programming language. So, basically, all animation will be done by the programmer, but the actual images that consist of that animation is done by the graphic artist. The programmer also takes on the monumental task of, what''s that job again- everything! (well... not everything, but without programming, your game wouldn''t be a game.)

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
so if a person punched another person,my cousin would make the pictures frame by frame and i would put it all together to make it look like a punch
oops that was me
Generally, that''s how it''s done.

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
You got it brotha!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Of course that only applies to 2D programs. 3D programs get much more confusing, because you have a 3D model created by the ''artist'' (modeler), but the programmer has to make the model actually move. In large development houses they even break it down farther: the artists do the textures and skins, modelers do buildings and character models, animators make the models move (make movement scripts), and general programmers tie it all together and make it happen in the right places.

But stick with 2D until you really understand how the responsibilities break down, and until you and your cousin have a little more experience (say at least 2 simple games).
Your cousin should make player models and there movements in frames and your program should put the frames together and interpolate between them.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA @ Rarebyte
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement