• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sovereign

Attn: Chris E.

This topic is 6643 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been having lot of problems in get my program to work right due to matrix drift or errors. I,m using the PR_RotateEntity function and passing the rot_mat to the PR_Tranform which is used to transform the forward vector and the up vector for the camera. Here''s the problem chris, when I rotate the camera up and down several times and reposition the camera back to a 0 degree rotation for both x and y. I notice the test entity(earth object) is slightly tilted and offset from the screen. I have even checked the values of the entity rot_mat before rotating and after reseting back to 0 degrees for both x and y rotations, I notice a signicant error. This would account for the camera alignment error. Are you aware of this type of problem where the matrix has a tendency to drift. Is there a recomended way or technique for correcting for matrix drift. Thanks For Time Doug

Advertisement
I don''t really follow what you''re doing without seeing the code. If you need to set the absolute rotation of an entity rather than concatenating a rotation, use PR_RotateEntityAbs.

You could also reset the rotation matrix directly using PR_MatrixIdentity.

I have not seen any kind of matrix drift in my 5 years of using PR.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!