As many already know -- Defold is a completely free game engine which provides a fully turn-key solution for game development across iOS, Android, HTML5, Mac OS X, Windows and Linux platforms. It includes a Visual Editor, Lua Code Editor, Scene Editor, Particle Editor and Tile Editor. A full suite of integrated tools which supports the full cycle of game creation.
I'm announcing a new series of tutorials which teaches each of the major capabilities of the Defold Game Engine -- with both introductory tutorials on how to use key Defold features, as well as more advanced tutorials which develop a full game project. The current tutorials in the series include:
- Kickoff with the Defold Game Engine
- Defold Image Procedures
- Select, Drag and Drop of a Defold Game Object
- Game Object Movement Techniques
- Preliminary use of 2d Physics and Collisions
- Convex Shaped Collision Objects
- Animated GUI Nodes
- Introduction to Levels, Messages and Menus
Defold Game Tutorials
- New Enhanced Defold Game Template
- Balloon Pop - Defold Game Project Tutorial
- CoinDrop - Defold Game Project Tutorial
- IceJump - Defold Game Project Tutorial
The series is located at the following site: TactxStudios.com
I hope you find these tutorials helpful in getting acquainted with the Defold tool. I'd appreciate any feedback on how I can make this series more productive.
One last thought - on the site is a newletter signup -- I'd encourage you to join the mailing list. I'll be sending out notices as new tutorials are being added.
All the very best - David C