Epic has released a sample project called the Action Role Playing Game (ARPG), which was built from the ground up to help developers learn more about how to use UE4 to create high-end mobile games for both Android and iOS. Within ARPG and its accompanying documentation, developers will find useful topics including how to utilize C++ and Blueprints together in a UE4 project, setting up and using certain aspects of UE4’s Ability system, and how to support multiple platforms such as Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and consoles.
It is available on the Unreal Engine Marketplace at https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/action-rpg.
Some of the topics that this sample covers are.
- Utilizing C++ and Blueprints together in a UE4 project.
- Setting up and using certain aspects of UE4's Ability system.
- How to support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and consoles.
Things to Consider:
- Due to the complexity of UE4's Ability system, ARPG only utilizes a small subsection of the available features.
- Certain aspects of this project also require that you have a good understanding of C++