I've just released Grease Pencil for Unity, a scene and object annotation tool.
You can use it to plan out levels, create stand-in art, leave notes for level designers and a whole bunch of stuff I haven't even thought of yet.
- Create one or more Grease Pencil canvases per gameObject.
- Each canvas can have multiple layers with different rendering options
- Process your strokes with experimental tools like Smooth, Tighten and Optimize
- Grease Pencil will even render in your game scene and can be used as final artwork.
- Because canvases are attached to gameObjects, Grease Pencil is compatible with prefabs.
v1.1 (PREVIEW) - Added modifier stack with Smooth, Tighten, Optimize, Normalize, Sketch and Connect modifiers, more to come.
Scatter objects along grease pencil strokes
- Edit / Sculpt strokes
- Variable stroke width
- Grease Pencil to Geometry: create vines, pipes, hoses, viper pits. (Combine with scatter for cool effects)
- Post-stroke modifiers (smooth, tighten, noise)
- Stroke processors (lazy mouse, coil, etc.)
- Non-destructive layer modifiers (smooth, tighten, optimize, noise, etc.)
- Draw in UI space, ie. draw UI elements (including 9-slice like support), make UI wireframes, etc.
- Text support - Instead of writing type and premade (or custom!) glyphs will be baked down to grease pencil strokes.
- Textured Strokes - Stretch a texture along each stroke
- Run-time drawing and saving
Let me know what you think.