We are pleased to announce the release of Matali Physics 4.0, the fourth major version of Matali Physics engine.
What is Matali Physics?
Matali Physics is an advanced, multi-platform, high-performance 3d physics engine intended for games, virtual reality and physics-based simulations. Matali Physics and add-ons form physics environment which provides complex physical simulation and physics-based modeling of objects both real and imagined. The engine is available across multiple platforms:
- OS X
- Windows 10 UAP/UWP
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Windows XP/Vista
What's new in version 4.0?
- One extended edition of Matali Physics engine
- Support for Android 8.0 Oreo, iOS 11.x and macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.x) as well as support for the latest IDEs
- Matali Render 3.0 add-on with physically-based rendering (PBR), screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) and support for Vulkan API
- Matali Games add-on
Main benefits of using Matali Physics:
- Stable, high-performance solution supplied together with the rich set of add-ons for all major mobile and desktop platforms (both 32 and 64 bit)
- Advanced samples ready to use in your own games
- New features on request
- Dedicated technical support
- Regular updates and fixes
The engine history in a nutshell
Matali Physics was built in 2009 as a dedicated solution for XNA. The first complete version of the engine was released in November 2010, and it was further developed to July 2014 forming multi-platform, fully manage solution for .NET and Mono. In the meantime, from October 2013 to July 2014, was introduced simultaneous support for C++. A significant change occurred in July 2014 together with the release of version 3.0. Managed version of the engine has been abandoned, and the engine was released solely with a new native core written entirely in modern C++. Currently the engine is intensively developed as an advanced, cross-platform, high-performance 3d physics solution.
If you have questions related to the latest update or use of Matali Physics engine as a stable physics solution in your projects, please don't hesitate to contact us.