YoYo Games is expanding the ways in which professional developers can get their hands on GameMaker Studio 2. The engine is now available as a console-only license and an all-in-one Ultimate license. Both the Console and Ultimate versions require users to be officially registered developers on all platforms for which they wish to useGameMaker Studio 2.
Developers also now have the option to purchase a console-only license, which includes:
- A straightforward way to access powerful development tools for either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One;
- Provides the exact same game-engine functionality as the Ultimate version;
- Can be purchased for $799.99 per seat for a one-year license.
- Videogame developers looking for a one-stop-shop route can now purchase the GameMaker Studio 2 Ultimate license, which allows:
- Cross-platform development for all supported platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and more;
- Admittance to all of GameMaker Studio 2's well-regarded support platforms and communities;
- Can be purchased for $1,500 per seat for a one-year license.
"YoYo Games is a huge proponent of spreading the joy of game development to as many people as possible, as efficiently as possible," said James Cox, General Manager of YoYo Games. "Based on our experience, one of the best ways to do this is by giving our users many options for purchasing a game engine, each tailored for a certain situation – the Console and Ultimate versions help do exactly that."
News of the Console and Ultimate versions come on the same day that YoYo Games is implementing the latest update to GameMaker Studio 2. Version 2.0.7 brings highly requested IDE features and fixes including:
- New image editor tools such as Blur and Reverse Frames;
- Rewrite of the engine’s start page for a better experience;
- HTML5 updates and bug fixes.
To see a full list of changes coming to GameMaker Studio 2.0.7, please visit https://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/releasenotes.
For more information on how to purchase the Console, Ultimate or any other version of GameMaker Studio 2, head to https://www.yoyogames.com/get.