Nakama, a distributed server for social and realtime games and apps, has been released by developer Heroic Labs. The open source server features:
- Users - Register/login new users via social networks, email, or device ID.
- Storage - Store user records, settings, and other objects in collections.
- Social - Import friends via Facebook, Google, Steam and more. Users can connect with friends, and join groups. Builtin social graph to see how users can be connected.
- Chat - 1-on-1, group, and global chat between users. Persist messages for chat history.
- Multiplayer - Realtime, or turn-based active and passive multiplayer.
- Leaderboards - Dynamic, seasonal, get top members, or members around a user. Have as many as you need.
- Runtime code - Extend the server with custom logic written in Lua.
- Matchmaker, dashboard, metrics, etc, etc.
Nakama and its source code can be downloaded on GitHub at https://github.com/heroiclabs/nakama.