PIX 1906.14 is now available for download here. This release adds GPU timings to the New Timing Capture preview and further improvements to DXIL shader debugging.
New Timing Capture Improvements
- Support for GPU timing data (see below)
- Many other usability improvements, performance improvements and bug fixes
- This release of PIX adds GPU Timing Data to the preview of New Timing Captures. Like with Legacy Timing Captures, GPU Timing data displays GPU work alongside your API calls; in the graph below, each bar represents the Top of Pipe to End of Pipe duration of a GPU operation on the Command Queue:
New pixtool features:
- New ‘launch’ options: –remote, –force11on12, –ignore11on12. Run “pixtool –help launch” for more information.
- Added ‘take-new-timing-capture’ command. Run “pixtool –help take-new-timing-capture” for more information.
GPU Capture Improvements
- New event list control – can now pin columns, sort without losing hierarchy as well as general performance improvements
- Fixed issue with extremely slow capture-time performance when using reserved resources (previously this was worked around by copying dxcompiler into the same directory as the title)
- Fixed various shader debugging issues
Learn more and view the full release notes here.