A report available through the Serious Games Association projects that U.S. revenue for educational games available on mobile platforms for consumers will nearly triple by 2022 to $800.2 million - and grow to a billion dollars by 2024.
"The U.S. market for consumer educational games is growing at a five year CAGR of 24.3 percent," explains Sam Adkins, CEO, Metaari (formerly Ambient Insight), "And market conditions for U.S. consumer-facing mobile educational game developers are quite favorable. I'm betting we will see U.S. revenues in this category comfortably reach a billion dollars a couple of years after that."
Metaari's 70+ page report, "The 2017-2022 U.S. Consumer Mobile Educational GameMarket", covers projected revenue for all the major educational game categories; information on leading developers, publishers and technology developers can use in creating games; market trends; and catalysts driving demands is available for $400 from the Serious Games Association at this link: http://seriousplayconf.com/report-order/
Some key findings in the report:
- A high demand for mobile early childhood learning games is driving the fastest revenue growth sector
- Extraordinary innovation in augmented reality-based educational games is creating a whole new type of mobile learning product
- Next-generation cognitive games and brain trainers have re-energized the market for those products
- Location-based Services (LBS) is one of the fastest growing technologies, driven by educational developers integrating it into their learning products
- The industry has experienced a recent flood of private investment into educational game companies, suggesting the sustainable growth of this category
- The U.S. consumer market is the most concentrated revenue opportunity on the planet for mobile educational game developers
Adkins will be a speaker at the 2017 Serious Play Conference, July 18-20, at George Mason University, where he will preview his annual market report covering eight buyer categories: Consumer, Preschool, Primary Education, Secondary Education, Tertiary Education, Corporate, Federal Governmental Agencies and State/Local Governmental Agencies. Link to conference at www.seriousplayconf.com