Jump to content
  • Advertisement


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

536 Good

About deadstar

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  1. Hey there! None of the earlier examples on my blog work on real hardware (I didn't get a development kit until later on in the project), I plan to revisit them and correct them all eventually - it's been 5 years since I wrote some of them and my code and knowledge are now a lot better! Here's the improved Hello World example, tidied up and corrected for use on real hardware: https://pastebin.com/kJC99PA7 and here's the workshop I ran which should help explain every single step: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xCFrrsfpcuXVQsfBk8OgGJrbQ4aAiENjPjEny3xu5zQ/edit?usp=sharing Matt
  2. deadstar

    Never assume people know you think your code is crap

    If I have to paste some code in an email I quite often doctor it there-and-then to make it look its best, especially if the destination is external to the company. Just habit I suppose, but certainly not a bad habit to get into. The fact that you actually care how others read and understand your code is a marvellous thing, though.
  3. deadstar

    STM8S-Discovery review and tutorial

    Just ordered mine! I've been looking for the perfect excuse to get back into robotics since failing miserably to get into it at A-level, and here it is. Fantastic article, this is just the kick up the backside I needed. Quote:Original post by benryves I'm not sure if GameDev.net is the best place for it, really, given the lack of a "game" angle. I'm going to try my damn best to apply this to my games development, one way or another. I've always been inspired by things like this, and have a few similar (but smaller scale) ideas I'd like to try out.
  4. deadstar

    Innate to Pirate?

    Just chiming in quickly: I've just finished the World of Goo demo and I'm absolutely astounded. I had so much fun playing it, it's very polished, it's a great idea and it even has replay value. I get a cheque this week, and I'll be purchasing the game without a doubt. Forget about the pirates, like someone said above you couldn't force them to pay for anything even with a gun to their heads. There ARE people out there who love and respect the efforts put into these kind of games, and I for one am very willing to throw money at these developers in the hope they continue to make games. I'm looking forward to Friday. I wanna see how this Goo Corporation thing works out, it looks intriguing.
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!