Hi! My name is Philip! I am a software developer with over 2 years of professional experience (not in game development) and maybe 5 years of experience with hobby game development (custom engines, unity, currently learning unreal engine 4).
I am most proficient writing code in either C++ or C#. I am also comfortable with graphics programming (linear algebra, shaders, opengl, d3d11).
It's been some time since I've tried to collaborate on a game development project as most projects in the past didn't work out due to either being overly ambitious or there being little to no insight in the workflow/how everything is coming together. I've been trying to create my own game art for projects but it's really not working out.
So here I am! I'd like to reach out to individual artists or existing development teams that would like to create a game together. I wouldn't mind joining an existing project, though I'd prefer to start on something new together. I currently have a lot of free time on my hands so I'm eager to get to work right away!
What I'm offering:
- High quality code (well documented-, scalable- and optimized code)
- Clear communication/reliability (daily or weekly chat with progress updates)
- Technical directing (as lead programmer or for individual modules depending on the scope of the project)
(- Game/level design: I'm not very experienced in this field but I'd like to contribute; if there's room for it of course)
Some plus'es for me would be:
- You are using/willing to use Unreal Engine 4 (I'm currently learning it and would like to spend more time with it. Also the lighting is so much better than in Unity).
- You have a similar taste in games (to mention a few: Golden Sun, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Dark Souls, Earthbound, Shadow of the Colossus, Nier, Chrono Trigger)
- You currently have a lot of time to work on the project (able to produce a first prototype fast!)
- You live in a nearby timezone (GMT+1 here)
If you are interested in working together or if you have any questions; please send me PM!
Thanks for your interest!