• Advertisement

AlexSilR

Member
  • Content count

    0
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

127 Neutral

About AlexSilR

  • Rank
    Newbie

Personal Information

  1. Well hello there!

    Congrats, I won my first computer when I was 17 and you already are developing games hehhehehehehe Show them!
  2. Day 39

    Thanks Black-Rook! Well, I completely forgot the Quake! hahahaha Now that you say certainly will be a influence (consciously).
  3. Day 39

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today I started making the projectile. In fact as I couldn't think of anything much different just following the same style. Testing the projectile with the gun I saw that the tip of the gun was not cool with that kind of projectile actually what was strange was that the rayCast modify the angle of the emptyGameObject which is the origin point of the projectile. When the gun was aiming at something near the projectile did not follow parallel with the "clamps" of the gun. In the end I ended up modifying the gun. After I modified the gun I started working on modifying the script that manages the speed and mass, as there was no need to change a lot was quite easy. In the end I ended up doing an animation. I did an animation of the gun shooting into Blender. The animation was very simple and the process of importation and use of animation in Unity was very simple too. [media][/media] Tomorrow I will continue doing the gun and I intend to add some feedback of selected projectile. [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  4. Day 37

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today I kept doing the gun. I don't have much to say, so I'll show the prints in order of modification: Tomorrow I may change something in modeling and will start modifying the script. [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  5. Day 36

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today coming back from a break of three days I started to make a new weapon. I thought of a gun Sci-Fi very simple in model and texture, so far I'm liking the result. Today missed very little to finish the model, actually what ended messing it was that the middle button of my mouse stopped working (orbit in Blender). Tomorrow I'll look for some old mouse that I should have here, and I believe I end up the modeling then I do a simple animation that will have and begin to change the script. [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  6. Artistic Style

    Particularly I like more the Outland. When you start post the art would be cool if you tell us how is the process of working with an artist, how is the workflow of the transmit the idea for the artist until the final concept. I'm following the project! Isso ae, vamos mostrar a qualidade dos jogos feitos por brasileiros!
  7. Day 32

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today I did the stand. The stand consists of four columns, floor and three walls. In the columns I used self-illumin with the texture of the floor with a slight modification to have lighting in the creases. In the walls and floors I used a transparent shader with the color specify of each stand. [media][/media] After doing the stand I did a organization in the project eliminating all unnecessary assets (those used in the prototype and testing). [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  8. Day 31

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today I kept doing the cube. After losing almost 2.5 days doing this cube I could reach a satisfactory result and learned a a bit of photoshop. So worth it. Yesterday I had already finished the texture and just did not like the lighting, I was using the shader self-illumin and by far ended up being bad to see. (Yesterday cube) I started doing some tests using point light. I really liked the result, but ended consuming a lot of processing. Each cube ended up with 18 point lights (one for each point where has light in the texture), I did a test with 4 cubes (72 point light) and when the camera focused on the 4 the result was: 4 FPS Without GPU (i7 2670QM). 16 FPS With GPU (GeForce GT 540M). Although I liked I had to find another solution. PS: As the radius of the points lights was intersecting they was annulling eachother, I believe it is some algorithm of Unity for performance. To solve this I had to set the render mode to important. I ended up going back to self-illumin and doing several tests with texture and light map. After a while I got a result that I liked. As I did the middle light of the cube specifically to inform if the cube is with gravity, without gravity or with gravity inverted, I modified the script that manages gravity to change the material based on the status of the cube. In the video below you can see how the middle light changes relative of the gravity of the cube. [media][/media] [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  9. Day 30

    Mirrored from my blog (en, pt-br). Today I finished watching the tutorial Creating a Sci-Fi Panel. It was time consuming and difficult to follow, because I did not know to use photoshop. I ended up not liking the result in Unity and decided to start again (and make a slightly different model). First model following the tutorial. The second model was better than the first, but still not good. The idea was to use the lights of the edges to indicate the color of the cube and the middle one to indicate if the cube is with, gravity, without gravity or gravity inverted. But inside the Unity was bad to see the lights from afar. Tomorrow I will change the color of the lights in the texture, to see if it improves, if not help, I will change the color of texture of the cube itself. [size=2]PS: Sorry for the bad english.
  • Advertisement