I am a novice freelance translator and a game development hobbyist. My native language is Russian and I'd like to find someone with an established project who would want it to be localized to this language. I'd do it for free, but my motivation behind this possible work is to fill my modest resume with something solid, so I am looking only for the projects which have reached their late alpha stage or are well beyond it. I am interested in both tiny games with a few strings and huge ones with complex plots heavy with in-game narration and dialogues.
I have some hobbyist experience in creative writing, plotting and screenwriting, so if you need help or an additional creative (idea generating) mind to work on your plot, in-game quests, world-building or even gameplay related stuff, then I could also try that, keeping in mind that I am not a native English speaker and you would need to polish the English texts yourself.
Depending on your needs and theme, I can produce a good quality Russian translation, which would be shorter than you get from an average Russian translator, yet precise and rich in vocabulary, with right grammar and styling, with outstanding punctuation typography*, natural in how it sounds and looks in the specific context.
Computer games have been my passion for a long time, I've played a lot at my time, done things such as roleplay and clan building. These days, of course, growing older, dealing with job and girlfriend, I play games very little. You could call me an old-school guy, because I prefer either games from the '90s and early '00s, or indie ones. Science fiction, everything space-related and strategy games are what I like most as a gamer.
Here are some examples of my translation and textual works:
1) A browser-based MMO game in a medieval setting (EN to RU, 2012): http://www.lordsgame.com (done a few years ago, so a bit outdated now)
Language file 1: https://app.box.com/s/m0p2z21st0fjf383q5h5gt0vhnjoc5f3
Language file 2: https://app.box.com/s/ehhxsk1115soczrt65u4xm4sxzj4zknd
2) An interview with a Hong Kong action movie star (EN audio to EN text to RU text, 2016):
English transcription: https://app.box.com/s/rctzuu60z44x0syn7jz2cuvdqm0hiusd
Russian translation: https://app.box.com/s/w60qz1aontdpzst08pfbrmezfz0kfaw2
3) Sid Meier's lecture on game design (EN audio to EN text to RU text, 2016):
English (excerpt): https://app.box.com/s/77flqcz78o5290nzccmxosop8n0483mu
Russian (excerpt): https://app.box.com/s/2odlb5jgv9bj2ppvh7ksqqfg4l72v573
4) A presentation about digital signage in Domodedovo airport (RU to EN, 2016):
5) Some game design documents in Russian: https://app.box.com/s/23uho2l045opftf2rw2eoc0vg2r5hbgx https://app.box.com/s/k1csj9ttam2qiu4dsd88xljzph1p3fhc
6) A short movie script for a contest in English: https://app.box.com/s/jk337a78vj3u76zm0xifhtjqbu7t1nm2
7) Some short stories in Russian: https://app.box.com/s/697whudnwj9awqpcejgj8cg7rppwfw27 (excerpt) https://app.box.com/s/7tcao9ngo96sv971961lnd07p3v6sht1 https://app.box.com/s/mxik03hxc9oehgl5fuo84e307211a7e3
If you're interested, please, message me here in PM or using these:
Thank you for looking through this long post!