• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

709 Good

About diablo2_v

  • Rank
  1. Runs perfectly fine here. My hardware is: Intel P4 2.8 ghz 1 gb of ram ati radeon 9000 mobility
  2. I am in no way an expert with skinned meshes at all, but you could try using another matrix in your derived frame to represent the combined matrix. You would then multiply the transformation matrix with the parent matrix, and store it in the combined matrix. ie. D3DXMatrixMultiply(&pFrame->CombinedMatrix, &pFrame->TransformationMatrix, baseMat); It sounds like you are compounding the scaling each frame. So on the first frame it would be 1/2 size, the second it would be 1/4, third would be 1/8 etc. Before you try this though, try using tiny, and make her 1/2 the size like you are doing now. I'm not sure if this will solve your problem or not, but it may lead you in the right direction.
  3. Errors In Visual Studio 2005

    You may have to set up the VC++ Directories, so that it knows where your lib file is. To do this you must open visual studio, Click Tools > Options. Under Projects + Solutions Click VC++ Directories. Where it says 'Show Directories for', choose Library Files. If the path to your lib file is not there, you can add a new path (little folder icon). Hope this helps you out.
  4. Errors In Visual Studio 2005

    For the singleton problem you have to specify a return type for your function. So static void DestroyInstance(). That should fix it for you.
  5. GDI problems.

    I've figured it out. Just had to put a small Sleep in my main loop. Thanks a lot everyone.
  6. GDI problems.

    Thanks for the replies so far. I have fixed the deselecting problem. Still hasn't helped though. I've fooled around a bit, and have gotten just a plain window working (no blitting to it). As soon as I add: BitBlt(hdc, 0, 0, 640, 480, buffer, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); It slows down so much it almost locks up my whole system.
  7. GDI problems.

    I am making the calls during initializing, and shutdown.
  8. Hello, I am currently using GDI to write a simple pacman clone (for a school project). I have run into a slight problem, that I can't seem to figure out. For some reason, my double buffering code is causing my program to slow down, and eventually freeze. It sounds like I am not deleting/releasing objects, and device handles, but as far as I can see I am doing it right. Here is the troublesome code: HDC hdc = GetDC(_hwnd); HDC buffer = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); HBITMAP memBM = CreateCompatibleBitmap(hdc, _winWidth, _winHeight); SelectObject(buffer, memBM); DeleteObject(memBM); ReleaseDC(_hwnd, hdc); DeleteDC(buffer); Thanks a lot for your help. Let me know if you need anymore information. Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using c++.
  9. simple ball boucing...

    To get the normal of a 2D Vector (x,y), just swap the components, and negate one of them. So the normal of (x,y) is (y, -x).