Madelyn, Madelyn, it's time to get up! You have a big journey ahead of you, saving us all from an evil wizard. You've trained for this day, and the ghost of your pet dog, Fritzy, will remain by your side. We believe in you!
All good adventures need a hero, and that hero is you Madelyn. Traveling the world through magical portals beyond the realms of time and space, you will journey to far off lands, as I tell you a story that will leave your bedroom far behind. For there is a kingdom, you see, that is in peril, and it is up to you to save it, and everyone you know, from the terrifying clutches of an evil wizard.
Accompanied by the ghost of Fritzy, your pet dog, you must avenge him, restoring order once again. Tackling all manner of deadly foes, you will overcome sinister graveyards, murky swamps and looming castles to achieve your goal. It will be difficult, but we all believe in you Madelyn, we know you can do it!
Classic retro gameplay for a whole new era!
- With the retro of feel Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3, this will conjure up memories of the arcade era with its Unity driven hand-drawn pixel art
- 10 levels with five stages each, they're replayable with no starting over (that is unless you want to)
- Two modes including story (by a professional children's author) and arcade (for the experts)
- Hidden collectibles with extra rewards, weapons are upgradeable depending on your armour, which you can find through the blacksmith in story mode
- Fritzy has special powers to help you and assists you in your quest
- Weapons are specific to certain areas, providing access to secret locations
- Travel across the world using special portals to get from place to place
Oh the sights you will see and the sounds you will hear!
- Slipping between classic arcade FM/PCM and modern orchestrated, you can tailor the music score from Gryzor87 (of Maldita Castilla fame) to help set the scene
- Lovingly crafted by veteran artist Christopher Obritsch, the game features distinctive pixel art, from the cut-scenes, to the gameplay, with depth provided through dynamic lighting
So, let me now tell you this classic tale of good versus evil...