Latest Updates from
Online role playing game in an ancient Greece setting at the time of the Trojan war.
I guess this a technical project, not so much an art project, that's why there is a screenshot from the server, not the client 🤣.
The source code is licensed under the MIT License and can be downloaded from the Github repository. The assets are a different story, I'm not going to upload/check in some GBs of binary data.
Features so far
- Uses a single TCP stream for the game protocol. This is not a shooter or action game, more like a classical online RPG.
- Database back-end is currently PostreSQL.
- Instanced world.
- Encrypted Game and Login Protocol with DH key exchange.
- Entity interpolation, client prediction.
- Spawn any number of server which may have heavy load (game, file server) even on different hardware.
- Chat: Local (map), Guild, Party and Whisper chat, even across different game server.
- Client and server use the same scene file.
- Navigation using Recast/Detour.
- Server and Client runs on Windows and Linux. However, the Client has some bugs on Linux.
- Server can be compiled as NT service which also takes care of the startup order. On Linux they can run as Daemons under systemd.
- Optional Browser Admin interface to control servers, view/edit the database.