Latest Updates from
The Garden of Eating will be my second entry here on gamedev.net, a clone of the classic "Snake" game. I'll be using this as a platform to evaluate the SFML library, and to gain further experience in game development in general!
Version 1.1 is available on my GitHub account!
My main goals at the outset:
- Option to play in a window or full screen.
- 2D graphics using sprites.
- Some basic sound effects and background music.
Now that I've achieved the basic game, my plan for "phase 2" is to add something of a story-based game play mode:
- Brief story intro.
- Add different types of fruits / veggies, with different effects on the snake.
- Add obstacles on the playing field.
- Progress through multiple levels of increasing difficulty.
- Graphics and animation enhancements.
- Controlled music loops that adapt to the game play.