I just realised I don't want to go work in the game industry... Game Development is my life, and that's exactly the reason I don't want to do it as a job. It's like this man says: "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." (A. Einstein)
I don't want to be pushed around by deadlines, that prevent you from doing something the way you want it to because there's no more time.
Then there's the independent developer... The problem with an independent developer...
finished my basic personal game engine.
- character controller sucks
- a lot of bugs in fundamental functions
- bad documentation
- never use again :)
- great, intuitive framework.
- well documented.
- definitely worth using if you're not up to creating a sound engine.
- basic pathfinding is easy.
- good pathfinding is extremely hard.
- waypoint pathfinding sux.
- don't try to combine this with Nvidia Physx... ever
- great framework,...
spartacus vengeance finale... disappointed. The fight between Naevia and Ashur was extremely gay, and everything happened too fast... I can't believe they'll make another season out of it, they have nothing left.