Check out my finished game! =)

Started by
72 comments, last by RajanSky 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone, Check this out =) It''s a puzzle game based on an old NES classic called "Adventures of Lolo". http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~rsharma/projects/bobo/BoboInstall.exe It requires DirectX 8 to run, and it should run on Win95, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. Some people had driver incompatibilities, but hopefully if you have Dx 8, it should be fine! Thanks, hope you like it! Please let me know what you think Raj
Advertisement
Hi!

Loved your game! I couldn''t pass the 2nd stage on 2nd floor, I collected all the hearts but there is no bridge to cross the river, how I do to pass through ?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
same problem for me too...

Harish Save
www.harishsave.com
Harish Savewww. H A R I S H S A V E . COM
Collect both hearts except the one in the bottom left corner. Then you can build a bridge by hitting the space bar on the border of the river.

Great game! :D

Edit:

Oops, you were already talking about the 2nd floor...

Well, try to freeze the skull. You can then push him into the water and cross the river.

[edited by - Origin on October 20, 2002 10:25:07 AM]
Oops... couldn''t get it to run. It says the graphics doesn''t work.

My config:
PII 300 MMX
64 MB RAM
No 3D-accelerator
Win95 C
DirectX 8

Is my computer just too lame, or should it work anyway?

/John
/John
Does anybody know what to do in this level (4th floor)?

I can get this far but then I get stuck:

rename the files to .txt and then put an img link, it will work.
quote:Original post by Origin
Well, try to freeze the skull. You can then push him into the water and cross the river.

I did it, but the skull didn't go into water...

[edited by - xaxa on October 20, 2002 12:18:24 PM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
quote:Original post by xaxa
I did it, but the skull didn''t go into water...

You have to freeze him with a shot and then immediately push him into the water using the arrow keys. Don''t shoot twice at him as that will destroy him. Remember that you don''t have unlimited time after freezing him, he will recover pretty soon.

If it still doesn''t work, post a screenshot of your level.
Wow what a response, thanks everyone for posting =) I''m really thrilled to see people are playing my game

xaxa: Hmm... I''m somewhat confused. In the 2nd stage of the 2nd floor, there''s no river you have to cross. So either you mean the 1st stage of the 2nd floor or the 3rd stage of the 2nd floor =) OK Well I''ll assume you''re talking about the 3rd stage of the 2nd floor... That''s the one with 2 EvilEyes, 2 Slinkys, and 1 Bones. This one is actually rather tough. So here''s what you do:

1) Take one of the 4 blocks and push it to block the EvilEye on the bottom from the north.

2) Use another one to block the same evileye (on the bottom) from the west.

3) Use another to block the OTHER evileye (the one on the left) from the south.

4) Put the last block to the right of the evileye on the left. (i.e. from the east)

5. Now get the two hearts in the bottom-left

6. STAY in the bottom-left corner for a while til Bones starts chasing you. As soon as he gets near you, shoot him twice to blast him away

7. Now that bones is out of the picture, shoot the Slinky who''s on your side of the river ONCE. (You don''t want to kill him!)

8. Now, push that slinky into the water so you can use him as a bridge. (Make sure you pick a point to push him into the water which is far enough to the right, so you can avoid the gaze of EvilEye).

9. Now, shoot the slinky on the TOP once, and push him all the way to the left so that the treasure chest is no longer guarded by the Evil eye.

10. Get the chest, and you''re done....

Hmm, I sure wish I hadn''t taken out the "recorder" feature. In the older versions of the game, there was a feature where you could create recordings of your game, and play them back. That way it''d be so much easier to tell people the solutions to certain levels =) That''s basically how the tutorial mode works- it uses the playback feature. Well, instead here''s a picture which shows everything up to step 6:

FunkyTune- Aww man, I''m sorry it looks like my game won''t run on your computer =/ In particular you have no 3d accelerator. I made the dumb mistake of using d3dx for my graphics, so basically everything requires 3d acceleration or it won''t run. I was thinking of switching everything to directdraw but sadly I don''t have the time since I''m starting on a new game today.

Origin- Wow you got to level 4-5 already! Well, you did pretty well on that level... The only mistake is that you left the space open for Bones and Zool to chase you. (Zool is that spiky dude). The trick that you have to do is at the very beginning of the level... On the first pair of blocks which are in your way, you have to use one of them to block Bones and Zool. Basically it''s just a bunch of block-pushing, which takes a few steps. Here is a picture showing what it looks like after the first couple of steps... Hopefully looking at this picture, you can figure out how to get into this state, and then you can figure out how to get from this state to actually blocking the monsters:

Raj

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement