re vector analysis

Started by
1 comment, last by Vlion 21 years, 5 months ago
Hey all. I''m looking at my universities course catalog, and it lists vector analysis in it; math 327. This course apparently has physic applications selects. What I''m wondering is whether vector analysis topics are good to take a course on with relation to game dev. :-) Thanx, ~V''lion Bugle4d
~V'lionBugle4d
Advertisement
Hi there,

Vector analysis will be like real analysis applied to vector spaces, so that will be limits of vector sequences, functions etc., leading up to the concept of derivatives of vector functions. All very handy for physics I''m sure, and studying vector differential equations.

I''d say that compared to liner algebra, vector analysis is less useful for game dev. But I''m sure you have studied linear algebra already.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
I''m doing Intro to Linerar Algebra now, and then in 2 years I''m going to take the full Linear Algebra(after I get Calc 3 and Diff. Eq.)

Analysis of vector sequences, limits, differention, and vector diff eq. Hm
Otehr thoughts ?

Bugle4d
~V'lionBugle4d

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement