Mini-Demo Contest

Started by
106 comments, last by _DarkWIng_ 21 years, 2 months ago
So.. who''s entering? Prize is *realy* cool! I''ll probably throw something together.. if I get some free time(I''ve got 2 exams until 31.1.). But it will probably be disqualified for not running on TNT... If anyone wants to show preview/screenshot/.. of his demo this is the place. PS : if you need some tips to make you demo a bit "smaller" just ask... You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
Advertisement
I''m annoyed! I too have exams, so I won''t have time to enter. I was hoping to enter NeHe''s next contest but the timing is unfortunate. I may slap something together, but it probably won''t be 60s/have a tune.

Also, what is the stipulations regarding SDL? is that allowed?
would like to enter, but really haven''t got the time. too bad. love the prize.

baldurk: I don''t think NeHe supposes we can build a sound engine from our own, so yes we should be allowed to use SDL. Moreover SDL is portable which could be a bonus (IMHO).
Hmm, newbies like me won''t have a chance. I can only do cube, pyramids and planes.
I don''t really have the time honestly, and my mega engine is still a month or so from a decent demo state.. so thats soaking up any time I do have...

| - Project-X - my mega project.. big things comming soon - | - adDeath - an ad blocker I made - | - email me - |
quote:Original post by Luya
Hmm, newbies like me won''t have a chance. I can only do cube, pyramids and planes.

I can''t even do planes yet.

I dont have time either -> i have one exam on monday and two on tuesday. That is why i think the two towers contest should have a far due date - when the return of the king comes out maybe.
quote:Original post by Luya

You would be surpized by what kinda demo''s impresses Jeff (NeHe)it''s not all glittes and glamour he''s looking for Looking forward to seeing some fresh idea''s
I have mid-terms as well. :\ My gfx engine is comming along nicely to(even if I didnt have mid-terms I dont know if my engine could run a demo yet). Maybe nehe could give us kids a bit more time cause of mid-terms?
--------------------------Nukemmsn: nukem996@hotmail.comaim: nukem996open source open mind
Since all of us have exams then contest is still OK.

>>by Luya : ...I can only do cube, pyramids and planes... <<
think of the advantages of this. since all your geometry is runtime generated you won''t have any problems with demo size.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement